Saturday, October 4, 2014

No Doubts

This week began with hoping and praying that the cost of repairs for the truck would not be diabolical. I felt confident that whatever amount quoted would be less than the loss we'd take on a trade in, so I was prepared for something in the thousands. What I was not prepared to hear from Twisted Diesel in Chesapeake VA (recognition to them for being honest, courteous, and prompt) was them telling us that our truck was just fine...actually, it was running great and was in excellent condition to use their words.

The only "issue" found could be remedied with the use of a tuner that they suggested Kay could do himself as it's not too complex. They gave him some tips and sent us on our happy way. Oh, and the price of the tuner is around $350. Praise God. They also told us about an aftermarket kit (that we knew we would need to get if we kept the truck long term) was already on the truck! Yeah, don't know why we didn't know that, but we didn't. Now we do, and it's great news.

To think, we were ready to buy or rent another house so we could save up and sell/trade in our 5th wheel combo because we just did not "trust" the truck. Yet, who were we really not trusting? But He has called us according to His will and He closed those doors which would have taken us on another path. The door closed on the condo on which we were under contract to purchase as well as the other numerous houses we attempted to rent.

At the time, we would just complain and throw our hands up. We momentarily held negative opinions about the the people that would give poor directions and then leave their phone in the car or the strange property management company that made us of set up a viewing a week in advance only to have that appointment cancelled because we did not call an hour ahead of time to confirm (again) or the house that sat vacant for months only to have its lease signed the DAY BEFORE we want it! The very first house we looked at for rent (great neighborhood, cheap, and directly across the street from our church) was all ours, but I just did not get a good feeling about it, so we decided to wait, and someone else got it. There were more with similar odd results. We would question and wonder what God really wanted us to do. Yet, we weren't listening to his voice. We were using our own reasoning and earthly understanding to make logical, practical, beneficial-in-the-future decisions as to what would be best for us. Thankfully, that did not get us far.

Finally, we submitted and said, "Ok, Lord, what would you have us do now?" Then, we listened and waited. As I wrote in my last post, he simply said, "Get the truck fixed."

Now we know, without any doubt, that we were meant for THIS adventure at THIS time. And that, my friends, is a good feeling.
"But Samuel replied, "What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Obedience is far better than sacrifice. Listening to him is much better than offering the fat of rams."

1 Samuel 15:22


4 comments:

Fritzrips said...

Not sure what kind of truck you have, but I bought a light tuner chip for mine (Dodge 2001 Cummins) that added 50hp and 150+FT/LBS of torque and it was the best investment ever. Just enough improvement to tow our fifth wheel awesome, but not too much to overpower and fry the tranny.

Natalie said...

Hi Fritzrips...I've been reading your blog for some time! Thanks for visiting!

That is exactly what they told us! More hp, torque and mpg, but not too much to do any damage. We have an 05 Ford 6.0 PSD (yeah the one with the egr/cooler problems). We've now rectified and prevented those issues from occurring again, which is why the tuner is necessary. The nicer tow experience is just a bonus! But so glad to hear "tow" and "awesome" in the same sentence!!

Unknown said...

Hello,
I feel a little off sorts leaving a comment on your blog, being that I have never commented or even read a blog for that matter. That being said, I have felt this need to spread the Good News for a while now. I am not in any form a leadership, so this has come as a shock to me. My Husband has said, lead the way and I will follow. So, anyway, out of nowhere I get this strong urge to travel the US talking to people about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I google "Full time rving with a family" and there it is, your blog! I thought of all the sites that could I could have seen, it just so happens to be a Christian family following the voice of the Lord. I know it might sound strange, why is this woman so happy about finding our blog, or you are saying, I completely understand what you are saying. Either way, I want to thank you for your blog and your devotion to our Lord. I will keep reading your blog, may God continue to bless you and your family as you spread His Word.

Sincerely,
Misty

Natalie said...

Hi Misty!

I DO completely understand what you are saying as I was once right where you are now. It started with an unexpected desire, a willing husband, and access to the internet! It took some time, but I have learned so much from others sharing their full-time experiences online that I knew I had to do the same if and when God gave us the opportunity.

Thank you for taking the time to comment-it does mean a lot:) Such a blessing to me to know someone just like yourself is reading and is encouraged by our testimony to His grace and provision.

Praying you receive clear direction, wisdom and encouragement in all He has planned for you.